Opportunities, Inc. Community-Based Vocational Training service offers center-based and community-based experiences where a person can develop general non-job task-specific strengths and skills.
Community-Based Vocational Training service teaches people with diverse abilities proper pre-employment skills to improve their ability to achieve supported or competitive employment in their community.
Community-Based Vocational Training service intends to develop and teach general skills. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors, co-workers, and customers
- Generally accepted community workplace conduct and dress
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to attend to tasks
- Workplace problem-solving skills and strategies
- General workplace safety and mobility training
Short-term training in a structured setting designed to develop work skills and improve stamina for employment in the community.